Christmas Wishlist # 4

It is only four days before Christmas and I am beyond my target of writing ten wishes in my wish list. What the heck?!!! What is there to ask for? I am already blessed with so many things that I could not ask for more and I am already so thankful to God for everything.

There is just one thing...I feel homesick and the only thing in my mind now is to celebrate Christmas in the Philippines with my mom and my family. I am yearning to do that although it will not happen now but sure do plan for it in the coming year. Still a long way to go but I am sure it will be worth it. Definitely, it will be splendid to spend Christmas in the Philippines after seven long years of celebrating it in Dubai.

That is right, you read that right. We have celebrated Christmas and New Year in Dubai for the last seven years that is why this wish is so important to me. Some of you might be thinking or asking how I can stay without going home for Christmas. It is simply because the family of my husband was here all the time and my mom was here for like three times and we are able to celebrate it together. What I am really missing is the feeling of being home in the Philippines, being in my home and being home with my family.

We do celebrate Christmas in Dubai too. How we do that is a different story.

My Yellow Bells

Carla is a lifestyle blogger based in Dubai who's thankful to call this ever-evolving city her second home. The pages of this blog are filled with stories about her expat life in the sandpit. It features dining and travel adventures in and around the city and beyond. It also features food recipes, parenting tips, and fashion style.

1 Comments

Please feel free to share your own story or views here.

Cheers
Carla

  1. I know how it feels to celebrate Christmas away from home because there is no substitute for a real Pinoy Xmas in the company of your family and friends.

    I'd been spending Xmas here in Doha for almost the same years with you, sometimes you have to fake the smile and the cheers for New Year.

    But this time its real... wishing you a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR.

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post