Teachings about Positive Thinking

"Do not dwell on the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. I never see what has been done; I only see what remains to be done."

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned"

The teachings of Buddha holds true in my last weekend happenings. The good thing despite the fact that every planned activity did not materialized, we still went home happy and sated.

Part of what inspires me was the iconic tower Burj Khalifa...


Have you noticed the golden glow of the tower and the white dot in the sky, the effect is due to the sun setting and the white dot was actually the moon (photos were by my phone camera)


and the beautiful Downtown Dubai









No matter how upset we are, we can always find something to cheer us up, we just have to look around. If we dwell on our frustrations, we don't know what we are missing. It is a matter of thinking, if we practice and develop the ability to shift our minds into more positive thoughts then we will never go wrong. I hope you had a happy weekend just as I did.

Happy workweek!

PS: I even have the chance to reach for the top :P see?




My Yellow Bells

Carla is a lifestyle blogger based in Dubai who's thankful to call this ever-evolving city her second home. The pages of this blog are filled with stories about her expat life in the sandpit. It features dining and travel adventures in and around the city and beyond. It also features food recipes, parenting tips, and fashion style.

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your own story or views here.

Cheers
Carla

Previous Post Next Post