Caprese Salad with Fresh Home Grown Tomatoes


Would you believe that the tomatoes and basil in this Caprese Salad recipe are home grown in our apartment balcony garden in Sharjah? For the second time around, I decided to go ahead with my balcony gardening and it was successful this time.

The tomatoes are super fresh I tell you, if only I can grow tomatoes all year round in my balcony here in the desert, I will do it.

With my first tomato harvest, I made some Caprese salad, it is an easy no cook recipe.

I used 4 tomatoes, few basil leaves, mozzarella cheese, olive oil, salt and black pepper and a very little amount of apple cider vinegar.

I cut the tomatoes in wedges, and halve the mozzarella, I use latbri mozzarelline, their small balls of mozzarella cheese


I toss them in a bowl, add some basil leaf, drizzle with olive oil and less than 1/4 tsp of apple cider vinegar as alternative to balsamic vinegar, add a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper, mix and you are done.

Serve it with some fresh bread and enjoy.

My Yellow Bells

Carla is a lifestyle blogger based in Dubai who's thankful to call this ever-evolving city her second home. The pages of this blog are filled with stories about her expat life in the sandpit. It features dining and travel adventures in and around the city and beyond. It also features food recipes, parenting tips, and fashion style.

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your own story or views here.

Cheers
Carla

Previous Post Next Post